Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve!

Well it's Christmas Eve and I am just about finished with all of the shopping! I have to go to the grocery store this morning and get all the stuff for breakfast tomorrow. Everyone will be stopping by to see what we gave each other, and to have some of Sandra's great breakfast. Thankfully we never have to make a big meal for Christmas Dinner because we always go over to my father's house for dinner. Thanks to Brenda for working hard on Christmas to feed us.
My favorite part of Christmas is on Christmas Eve when we will go to church this evening and celebrate the death of our Savior, Jesus the Christ by having communion. I know that everyone celebrates His birth this time of year but without His death his birth wouldn't be that special. His birth didn't bring forgiveness, salvation, reconciliation, peace, purpose for life, eternal security, and a hope for the future. It's by our faith in His work on the cross that brings all of these things. At our Christmas Eve service it is a good time to forget about the hustle and bustle of the "Christmas Season" and to remember what is really important.
I can tell that it is getting close to Christmas day because Rich (Lauren's boyfriend) is getting all excited about what he got me for Christmas. It's driving him crazy not to tell me what he got me. He has a hard time keeping secrets! He's been asking me for the past three days "If you could have anything you wanted for Christmas, what would it be?". I think everyone went together and got me something really nice but you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I will update tomorrow!! Tom

No comments: